Europe in May, where Synbra and
BioBTX (pictured below) triumphed areand now are opening them to companies operating in the North, Central and South America. We have two separate awards – Bio-Based Product of the Year and Bio-Based Chemical Innovation of the Year. Size isnt important, you could be a one-person start-up, or a global multi-national. Innovation is the key.
The 2016 categories:
Bio-Based Product of the Year
A product currently available to purchase in North, Central or South America and that is derived from plants and other renewable agricultural, marine, and forestry materials and provides an alternative to conventional petroleum derived products. For the purpose of the awards, bio-based products do not include food, animal feed or fuel. The key is how the product improves on one derived from petroleum, sustainability is not enough, our judges will be looking for developments in price and quality.
Bio-Based Chemical Innovation of the Year
An innovation involving a platform or intermediate chemicals derived from biomass feedstocks, used to produce other chemicals. It can be a breakthrough development, a new method of production, a smarter development or a new technique. The key is the innovation and the ability to display a benefit and progress for the industry long-term.
- The product / innovation must have been sold / developed in the past 12 months and proof needs to be provided.
- The product / innovation must be developed in North, Central or South America and/or deployed in the North, Central or South America market.
- Only one entry per company per award.
- The judges decision is final.
What do I get if I win?
Winning a Bio-Based World Innovation award will enhance your product or projects reputation and marketability plus deliver a message to the industry that you are a leader in bio-based innovation. In addition you receive
- Media coverage on all Bio-Based World platforms.
- Exclusive editorial feature on Bio-Based World News.
- Editorial coverage in Bio-Based World Quarterly.
- Promotion to the Bio-Based World News community.
- Presentation of Award at Bio-Based Live (San Francisco, 26-27th September 2016)
- Promotion of winning entry at Bio-Based Live 2016 and opportunity to network with other innovators and showcase your innovation at an event attended by bio-based leaders from across the Americas and beyond.
- Announcement and press release through our external media partners.
- Right to use the Award in your own promotion and media.
How does the process work?
- Send a short abstract about the innovation (500 words maximum) toEditor@BioBasedWorldNews.comfeel free to include any relevant supporting images or videos.
- All entries will be thoroughly reviewed and a shortlist created.
- Winners will be selected by our international jury of independent industry experts.
- Deadline for entries:31st August
- Shortlist announced:9th September
- Winners announce and trophies given at26th Septemberin San Francisco at Bio-Based Live.