“You can’t compete with petroleum in cost. The answer is in performance and value. Quite simply – you must be the better product.”
Welcome to the 13th issue of the Bio Market Insights Quarterly your dedicated global guide to the latest news and essential business developments for bio-based and sustainable chemicals, materials and products and the brands that purchase, use and sell them. It’s not only the biggest issue we’ve ever published, but the first since Bio-Based World News evolved into Bio Market Insights. What’s new? Well, download now and find out!
The quote above is from Charles Dimmler CEO of Checkerspot the materials pioneer who are now diversifying into the winter sports market. This focus on product and performance runs through our several features and interviews. It’s an exciting time when our work is bursting out of our silos and niches and into the mainstream, and our cover stars, Allbirds are a fantastic addition to this list.
We all believe there are many more commercially robust bio-based and sustainable products coming soon and will be proud to cover them on our pages.
This issue of the Quarterly include these features so download now to read.
- As Allbirds shoes take steps around the world, their material remains the hero.
- What’s taking so long? Keys to turbocharging the green chemistry revolution.
- How a unique set of building blocks have created a vibrant and growing bio-economy in Canada.
- Going for green gold with the help of bio-based plastic used for Tokyo 2020 hockey surfaces.
- Performance is the key as Checkerspot prepares to launch a product for the winter sports
- The reinvention of bio-plastics: New kids on the block.
- Inside the alliance between REG, ExxonMobil and Clariant that is revolutionising cellulosic biofuels.
- At the HELM of the bio-based chemical ship.
- The Port of Amsterdam as a circular hotspot: how a port speeds up the circular economy.
- 5 Minutes With… Tineke Woort from Royal DSM.
- State of Iowa, USA: Cultivating growth in bioprocessing.
- The Last Word with… Thomas Kostler AKA Mr. Goodvertising.
- And much, much more…
Thanks to all the contributors and advertisers to this issue, in order of appearance; Braskem, Corbion, Allbirds, Genomatica, Feyecom, Bioindustrial Innovation Canada (BIC), SpecialChem, Dave Newman, Braskem, Checkerspot, Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant, Bioextrax, Renewable Energy Group (REG) Life Sciences, HELM, the Port of Amsterdam, SHV Energy, Tineke Woort of Royal DSM, DMC Biotechnologies, BBEU, the Iowa Economic Development Authority, Thomas Kostler AKA Mr. Goodvertising and Leaf. We couldn’t have done it without you!