Quite simply, its an obvious opportunity for Ireland to take. With our strong tradition of forestry, marine and in particular agri-food – which employs around 170,000 people in a sector worth 26 billion – we are perfectly placed to become a global leader.
Welcome to the tenth issue of the Bio-Based World Quarterly, your dedicated guide to the latest news and essential business developments for bio-based chemicals, products and fuels and the brands that purchase, use and sell them.
The above quote is from Professor Orla Feely, Vice-President for Research, Innovation and Impact at University College Dublin, and the subject of our headliner interview. Professor Feely and her team are a great example of linking academia to entrepreneurship in a very real, results focussed way. This feature is part of a special feature on the growing bio-economy in Ireland, and we also feature stories about the work that Coillte, NUI Galway and Glanbia are doing in a fast emerging focus for our industry.But its not only Ireland, we also have features on SpecialChems digital focus, a look at the Awards winners from World Bio Markets 2018, financial advice from a leading investor, an interview with fast growing Swedish bio-plastics pioneers Trifilon and much more.
Download: Issue #10 of Bio-Based World Quarterly to read about:
- Expert View: Invest-ability of the bio-economy.
- Who are the winners of the 2018 Bio-Based World News Awards?
- Project Focus: How the digitalisation of bio products is boosting market connection.
- Headliner: Professor Orla Feely, Vice-President for Research, Innovation and Impact at University College Dublin.
- Growing the Irish Forest bio-economy.
- Project Focus: Converting dairy by-products into high value bio-based chemicals in Tipperary.
- Biomethane on Irelands national gas grid for first time a first for Irelands bio-economy.
- How the ButaNexT project is helping realise the dream of cost-competitive biobutanol.
- The Last Word with, Jeremiah Dutton, Head of Sales at Trifilon.
Thanks to all the contributors to issue #10. Issue #11 will be published week commencing September 24th 2018 (Deadline for content and adverts September 15th) if youd like to feature or advertise contact the Editor Luke@BioBasedWorldNews.comor call +44 (0) 207 045 0946 to discuss how you can work with us.