To reach major markets and big buyers, you need to guarantee them the large quantities they require for production. Without confidence from the buyer that the can be delivered, there will be no deal.
Welcome toIssue #6of Bio-Based World Quarterly,your dedicated guide to the latest news and essential business developments for bio-based chemicals, brands and products.The above quote is from Patrick Schiffers, the Chief Executive Officer of Synvina, a new joint venture between BASF and Avantium, and the subject of a feature in this edition. What Patrick encapsulates is one of the principle challenges facing the industry – put simply – how do you increase your levels of bio-based production as well as providing it to your buyer cheaply and consistently, potentially forever? If you cannot scale-up, it is going to be a tough sell. In our latest issue we focus on this area, with contributions from those with fantastic business models like UPM Biochemicals and Reebok, true innovators like LEGO, financial wizards Capricorn Venture Capital and many more who I hope can give you some insight and inspiration in this crucial area. So download today for free and start reading!
Download Issue #6 of Bio-Based World Quarterly to read about
- How LEGO are remaking their bricks and building sustainable citizens of the future
- Inside Story: Synvina The Joint Venture of BASF and Avantium.
- How UPM Biochemicals are maximising the opportunity found in our forests.
- Investment Focus: Momentum is building in the field…
- Expert View: Now is the time to seize the bio-based opportunity!
- Growing plant-based footwear is just the first step for Reebok.
- PepsiCo are teaming up with Danimer to move closer towards its biodegradeable packaging aims.
- The Last Word with Andreas Kohl, Head of Research & Development Biotechnology at Clariant and Member of the European Chemical Industry Council (CEFIC)
- And much, much more…
Issue #7 will be published week commencing 4th September, with a deadline for content and adverts of 25th August. It will also be printed and distributed to all delegates at Bio-Based Live USA in San Diego. ContactLiam@BioBasedWorldNews.comor call +44 (0) 207 045 090 to discuss how you can work with us.
Past issues can be read by clickinghere.